Senior Consultant / P.Eng. / Toronto
A 1999 graduate of the University of Toronto’s Mechanical Engineering program, Mr. Tong is a registered professional engineer and a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) with over 17 years of professional experience. His diverse industry knowledge covers many areas, including cause investigation, field/site work, evidence handling, code/standards/practice/contract review, inspection, engineering and engineering management, procurement, project management, mechanical-structural design and evaluation, technical writing/communication, scheduling, cost estimating and budget control, implementing quality and control procedures, training/mentoring, and policy/workflow development.
Mr. Tong specializes in investigating losses involving fires or explosions, building envelope issues causing moisture or mold, and water escapes or floods. He excels at evaluating failures/incidents related to mechanical engineering design or technical systems/components. His knowledge extends to the inspection, design, or repair of welded structural subsystems and components of heavy-lift and construction equipment (cranes, forklifts, manlifts, scissor lifts, and other lifting devices), but also includes the planning of critical lifts and operations involving such equipment.
Education and Certifications
- Mechanical Engineering, B.A.Sc.: University of Toronto
- Registered Professional Engineer: Ontario, Canada
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Level 1 Ultrasonic Non-Destructive Testing Method Certification: Canadian Institute for Non-Destructive Evaluation
- CGSB Magnetic Particle Level 2 (Currently Dormant) Certification: Natural Resources Canada
- National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
- CGSB Level 2 Magnetic Particle Non-Destructive Testing Method Certification: Canadian Institute for Non-Destructive Evaluation