Paul C. Saedler
Principal Consultant / P.E., ACTAR / Los Angeles/Irvine
Along with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mr. Saedler is a registered professional engineer in California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii, and Washington with a broad background of knowledge in the field of mechanical and manufacturing engineering. He is also a certified Traffic Accident Investigation and Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1914) specialist.
He has over 29 years of diversified engineering and project management experience in the forensic consulting, automotive, recreational vehicle, water and power and the HVAC industries. Mr. Saedler has conducted numerous vehicle accident reconstruction assignments with a wide variety of underlying causes and has also evaluated motor vehicle thefts. While in the automotive industry, he worked intimately with CNC metal cutting machinery and plant automated processes to meet manufacturing and quality control requirements for DaimlerChrysler transmissions. In the recreational vehicle industry, he supervised a team of engineers and technicians with projects involving product development and manufacturing of the mechanical and plumbing systems of Class A and Class C recreational vehicles. In the water and power industry, he helped engineer a variety of mechanical devices such as heat exchangers, blowers, pumps, control valves and piping systems to meet project requirements. In the HVAC industry, his experience includes determining heat loss and heat gain calculations for residential homes and identifying mechanical defects that can cause indoor air quality issues. In the course of his work experience, he has recorded over 1,000 hours of forklift driving experience and is a certified operator.
As a forensic engineer, he provides consulting services for legal, insurance, and corporate clients that includes analysis and causation determination deposition and trial testimony of mechanical component failures of motor vehicle systems, consumer products, HVAC systems and plumbing systems.
Education and Certifications
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Michigan State University
• Registered Professional Engineer: California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii, and Washington
• Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1914)
• Traffic Accident Investigation Certification: Northwestern University
• Traffic Accident Reconstruction Certification: Northwestern University
• Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning System Design Certification: ASME
• Forklift Operator Certification: U.S. Rentals, Inc.