Mr. Robert Everett holds an A.S. degree in Fire Science and a B. S. degree in Organizational Management. As a 30-year veteran of the fire services industry, Mr. Everett is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI), through the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI). He is also a Certified Fire Protection Specialist through the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). He has almost 10 years of experience in the private sector as a fire investigator.
He has also completed several courses at the National Fire Academy, varying in multiple disciplines among the fire service. Mr. Everett is also Fire and Building Inspector Certified through the International Code Council and is licensed as a Fire and Building Codes Inspector in the State of Tennessee. He is a Certified Hazardous Materials Technician and Life Safety Compliance Officer through the Tennessee Commission on Firefighting.
The last 20 years have been spent conducting origin and cause investigations and analyses of fire and explosion incidents as a Fire Captain and Fire Marshal for the City of Maryville, Tennessee. His responsibilities include supervision and management of on-scene fire investigations, criminal follow-up investigations of incendiary fires, and directing fire suppression activities. He has collaborated with multiple agencies including the State Fire Marshal, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF); local police; and insurance companies and legal agencies during large loss incidents. For the last 9 years, Mr. Everett has worked in the private industry as a forensic fire expert. During this time, he has conducted over 500 origin and cause investigations for insurance companies and legal firms.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management, Tusculum College Tusculum, Tennessee
• Associates of Applied Science in Fire Science, Morristown, Tennessee
• Certified Fire Investigator, International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire Protection Specialist, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
• Certified Crash Data Recovery (CDR) Technician, Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM)
• Certified Private Investigator: Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama
• Certified Fire Inspector, International Code Council and Tennessee State Certified Fire Inspector
• Certified Commercial and Residential Building Inspector, International Code Council and Tennessee State Certified Building Inspector
• Certified Property Maintenance Inspector, International Code Council
• Certified Emergency Medical Technician
• Certified Hazardous Materials Technician