Samuel L. Sharpless
Vice President, Electrical Division / P.E., CFEI / Orlando / Jacksonville
Mr. Sharpless holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in 23 states. He is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator.
His professional career includes extensive practical experience in electrical engineering, including control system design, circuit design, electronic troubleshooting, and technical management. He is highly experienced in the evaluation of electrical fire causes including structural, automotive, marine, and industrial fire cases.
Mr. Sharpless’ experience also includes major control system design responsibility in the chemical, paper, and film industries. He has extensive experience commissioning large-scale factory automation systems.
Mr. Sharpless’ case experience includes lithium battery failures, electronic cigarette injuries, electrical service equipment failures, electrocutions, electrical shocks/injuries, building code issues, industrial accidents and injuries, structural fires, Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) fires, automotive and marine fires, small appliance defect claims, cable damage evaluations, industrial production failures and losses, power surge analysis, lightning damage assessment, wiring damage/defect analysis, HVAC control circuit analysis, aircraft service equipment failures, and commercial boiler fires.
Mr. Sharpless is regularly called upon to provide technical assistance relating to electrical failures, electrical injuries, lightning damage, and fire causation.
Education and Certifications
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: Carnegie Mellon University
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, District of Columbia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Arkansas, Maryland, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Maine and Tennessee.
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Aerial Lift and Forklift Operator,
• National Fire, Arson, and Explosion Investigation Training Program: Sarasota FL
• Certified Food Service Manager, Florida
• Six Sigma Green Belt Course: General Electric
• GE Commercial Contract Course (CARE): General Electric
• Aircraft Maintenance Officer’s Course: U.S. Air Force
• Eagle Scout