With over 35 years of experience, Mr. Shams Moghadam has extensive knowledge of maintenance, design, inspection, and plan review of electrical power, emergency generator systems, lighting, fire alarm, intercom, and data systems of buildings. His expertise includes knowledge of the construction industry’s regulatory standards, procedures, and codes (NFPA, NEC, FBC, IBC, ASHRAE 90.1).
Mr. Moghadam has a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, and he is a registered professional engineer in California, Florida, and Georgia. In addition to his engineering professional licenses, he possesses State of Florida certifications as a Fire Safety Inspector, Electrical Inspector, and Plans Examiner.
Mr. Moghadam has designed and inspected large generator power systems and solar power systems and has provided Arc Flash Risk Assessment study for electrical power distribution systems. Additionally, he has investigated emergency generator systems’ power failures, has experience in investigating the failure of electrical switchgear, panelboards, and wiring systems of commercial and institutional buildings, and is experienced in troubleshooting electrical power systems.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: University of South Florida (1983)
• Registered Professional Engineer: California, Florida, and Georgia
• Certified Fire Safety Inspector: Florida Division of State Fire Marshall
• Certified Electrical Inspector: Florida
• Certified Electrical Plans Examiner: Florida
• LEED Accredited Professional: Certification Green Building Institute