Stephen A. Cocco
Security Consultant / Phoenix
Mr. Cocco is a security consultant specializing in special events safety, crisis management, anti-money laundering and counterterrorism matters. His areas of expertise include fraud detection and verification of funds provenance, counterterrorism, intellectual property rights/brand protection and crisis management/business continuity. He served as an FBI Special Agent for 27 years and was the Joint Terrorism Task Force manager for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Phoenix, deploying internationally on several occasions in response to terrorist attacks against US equities. Mr. Cocco frequently provides security and vulnerability assessments for businesses and for the hospitality sector. Significantly, Mr. Cocco is a frequent commentator on law enforcement “use of force” issues and has provided expert testimony on the topic.
- Travel Risk Management and Mitigation,frequent presenter on related topics, including safety and security at hotels, sponsored events and on cruise lines and all-inclusive resorts;
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessments, including facility security measures and functionality, physical and cyber risk to business or corporate entities and the risk stemming from the “insider”; assessments provided to medical marijuana industry and hotels/hospitality providers;
- Use of Force Assessment, including expert witness analysis of the degree of force used by law enforcement or security personnel in effecting arrest or crowd control, culminating in a finding of excessive or reasonable, according to the circumstances.
- IPR and Brand Protection Issues, a complex subject matter in which Mr. Cocco has assisted both plaintiffs and defendants in assessing whether protected intellectual property has been inappropriately utilized and in understanding the “substantially the same” concept in IPR litigation.
- BS Arts & Communications – Navarra University, Pamplona, Spain
- Licenced Private Investigator - Arizona