Thermal Imaging for Forensic Property Investigations
January 24, 2024
All objects emit a level of radiant energy (heat) proportional to their temperature. Thermal imaging cameras generate photograph-like images of the heat patterns emitted by the surface of the object being viewed.
These highly sensitive cameras efficiently provide incredible detail about the physical nature, structure, and condition of materials, all without touching, damaging, or altering them.
Rimkus experts utilize thermal imaging technology in forensic property loss investigations related to a wide variety of residential, commercial, and industrial applications to detect potential issues, such as moisture or changes in subsurface conditions, and to identify anomalies, such as construction defects.
- Moisture and Mold Assessments
- Detection of Concealed Construction Defects
- Building Envelope Inspections
- HVAC and Building System Analysis
- Energy Efficiency Assessments
- Electrical System Inspections
- Fire Origin and Cause Investigations
Connect with our team of experts to learn how we can use our thermal imaging capabilities to help identify issues and provide comprehensive, sustainable solutions for your property.