Brian C. Grieser
Principal Consultant / P.E., C.P.S.M., CSP, CPE / Ann Arbor
Mr. Brian Grieser holds master’s and bachelor’s degrees from the University of Michigan in Industrial and Operations Engineering and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, respectively.
Mr. Grieser’s recent professional activities include studies on accident investigation; walkway slip resistance assessment; recreational boat design, watercraft occupant safety, and towed watersports safety; time and motion; work sampling; human vibration, acceleration exposure, and sound measurement and analysis; product, occupational, and premises safety assessments; and human movement, climbing, and stability analysis.
Mr. Grieser is a member of several professional societies including the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, the ASTM International, the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, the American Boat and Yacht Council, and USA Water Ski & Wake Sports. Mr. Grieser has authored and co-authored publications addressing recreational boat design and occupant protection, slip resistance assessment, time study, human vibration and shock, hazard analysis, and warnings.
Education and Certifications
• M.S.E. Industrial and Operations Engineering: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
• B.S.E. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
• Professional Engineer (P.E.): Michigan License #44387
• Certified Product Safety Manager (C.P.S.M.)
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
• Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT)
• Certified Forklift Operator