Mr. Daniel Isackson holds a Bachelor of Architecture Degree and Bachelor of Environmental Design Degree and is a registered professional Architect with extensive experience in all phases of architecture, including design, construction documents, specifications, and contract/construction administration. His experience incorporates a broad range of skills including design, code analysis, project management, programming, site development, and cost estimating.
Mr. Isackson’s past projects include commercial, multi-family residential, retail, educational, airport terminals, military facilities, mixed-use urban development, historic renovation, and adaptive reuse. He has experience with building code compliance and life safety analysis, accessibility standards, and property condition assessments.
As a forensic investigator, Mr. Isackson is responsible for inspections and analysis of construction defects, storm damage, failures in building envelopes, building code and ADA accessibility code compliance, and premises liability evaluations in relation to falls, means of egress, slip-and-fall, and trip-and-fall claims. Mr. Isackson is experienced with the Brungraber Mk 1 Articulated Strut and the English XL Variable Incident slip resistance tribometers. These inspections encompass commercial, residential, civic, religious, hospitality, and multi-residential building types for construction claims and property claims and include moisture intrusions, building envelope failures, brick veneer, stone veneer, stucco, residential and commercial plumbing failures, pipe freeze investigations, and window wall system and component deficiencies and failures. He has also provided expert witness testimony in arbitration, deposition, and trial.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Architecture, B.A.: University of Minnesota (1990)
• Environmental Design, B.E.D.: University of Minnesota (1988)
• Registered Professional Architect: Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Georgia, Massachusetts, Texas, Maine, Florida, and Louisiana
• LEED Accredited Professional with Specialty in Building Design and Construction (LEED AP BD+C): U.S. Green Building Council
• Memberships: American Institute of Architects (AIA); National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
• English XL Variable Incidence Tribometer Certified (CXLT)
• Registered Roof Consultant (RRC): International Institute of Building Envelope Consultants (IIBEC)
• Registered Safety Assessment Program (SAP) Evaluator: California Office of Emergency Services